In May, AfterShock Comics will launch Silver City, written by Olivia Cuartero-Briggs, illustrated by Luca Merli and lettered by Dave Sharpe.
AfterShock Comics has announced a brand-new supernatural series called Silver City, written by Olivia Cuartero-Briggs, illustrated and colored by Luca Merli and lettered by Dave Sharpe.
“Silver City is about a troubled young woman’s posthumous quest to figure out who she is in a strange, purgatorial city, and in so doing, seize her destiny,” Cuartero-Briggs said. “I am so excited for readers to finally get to read this story for several reasons. 1. It’s a really fun exploration into the greater meaning of life, what happens after we die, and even a bit of what happens after that. These first five books are an introduction into an entirely new world, one that I had the time of my life building, and I can’t wait to share it. Another reason I can’t wait for readers to see this book, is the amazing artwork by Luca Merli. He is an incredible talent, and I felt like he was reading my mind throughout the entire illustrating process. He brings the city, the world, and the characters “to life” (no pun intended) in ways I could only dream of.”
Silver City #1 / $4.99 / 32 Pages / Color / On Sale 5.12.2021
- Writer: Olivia Cuartero-Briggs
- Artist & Colorist: Luca Merli
- Letterer: Dave Sharpe
- Cover: Roberta Ingranata w/ Bryan Valenza
- Incentive Cover: David Lopez
- When a young roughneck lands in Silver City, the gritty, purgatorial metropolis of the afterlife, she must adapt to her new existence, while attempting to uncover how and why she died. Her mission is derailed, however, when she rescues a newly dead girl from a mysterious kidnapping attempt, and discovers powerful, kinetic abilities.
Silver City #1, by Olivia Cuartero-Briggs, Luca Merli and Dave Sharpe, goes on sale May 12 from AfterShock Comics.